As many of you may know we recently relocated from Oklahoma to Ohio. We were so sad to leave Oklahoma but excited to be closer to family. We decided to take our time finding our new home and stay in our RV until we find the perfect place. So, we are currently wintering, staying warm and enjoying the adventure of a lifetime as we homeschool and house hunt while five of us live in our RV.
I really love to cook and have had some moments of frustration as I have to get creative with our limited kitchen facilities (I burned pasta and cried last week). So this recipe was a big hit as it used a slow cooker and our tiny tiny stove and included zero crying!
This recipe is a super easy comfort food. It takes very little preparation and tastes wonderful, and the best part is it takes very little kitchen equipment.
Chuck roast (about 2lbs)
1 stick, unsalted butter
1T dried thyme
1package frozen peas
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
1 package Amish noodles
1. Pre-heat cast iron skillet
2. Pat dry beef on both sides and sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder
3. Sear on all sides in cast iron pan (about two minutes each side), I actually cut the meat into two pieces to sear because I'm using a small cast iron pan.
4. Transfer beef to slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients (except noodles and peas)
5. Cook I'm high for 4-5hrs, until meat can be torn apart easily. Remove beef and shred, setting aside fat.
6. Return meat to the slow cooker and add noodles and peas. Continue to cook until noodles are cooked, about an hour
This is wonderful served with homemade garlic bread.
Garlic bread: mix diced garlic, powdered onion and unsalted butter. Smear half baked Italian bread with butter and baked for 10 mins in stove at 375 until golden, bottom side first then flip.